CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 13, 2011

I have taken a break from Monogramming and cooked supper

Today, I was back to normal, keeping the twins.   When I got home, I decided to cook a family favorite dish, Chicken Spaghetti.  Except it really isn't what it sounds like.

My father in law always called this dish, Chicken LaLa.
I told a special friend that I would send her the recipe, then thought I would just post it here, so others could see it too.

Chicken Spaghetti

I use 6-8 deboned chicken breast, but you can also use 1 whole chicken, or whatever chicken meat you want.
Boil the chicken until it is done and tender.  then remove the chicken from the pan you cooked it in, put 8 ozs. of noodles in to boil ( I use elbow noodles).  When they are done, drain them and set aside. 
This recipe makes enough to serve a large family and put some in the freezer for a later time.

2 cans of Tomato Soup
2 cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup
2 Cans of Rotel (I normally use mild or original)
1 onion- chopped (sometimes I leave this out)
1 stick of margarine or butter (If I don't use the onions and mushrooms, I don't put the margarine in)
1 small can of chopped mushrooms (this can be left out also)
2 pounds of Velveeta Cheese
Saute the onion and chopped mushroom in the margarine until tender.   Add the 2 cans of Tomato Soup, 2 cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup, 2 cans of Rotel, stir together.  Cut Velveeta into small chunks and drop into the soup mixture and stir over medium heat until the cheese has melted.  Add the noodles and chopped up chick back into the mixture.

Put the content into a baking pan and bake at 350 degrees until bubbly and totally hot.  If you wish to freeze a dish, put into a baking container, cover and freeze before you bake.  When you want to serve, remove from the freezer, place in a cold oven, turn the temperature on to 350 degrees and bake until bubbly. 

Hope you enjoy this dish as much as my family does.

0 comments:

Post a Comment