CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Saturday- Time for shopping and etc

Saturdays are usually my day to do the weekly shopping, today was a little more challenging, since the south appears to be in the path of a Winter Storm.  Many more people ventured out to get supplies bought for the upcoming days.  It seemed like the day before Christmas at the store I normally shop.  Some shoppers were very aggressive, almost running over you to get what they were after.  My husband and I were very happy to get what we needed and out of the store.  I did find a few shirts that are suitable for appliqueing.  It is so hard to locate shirts that are appropriate.  I can't wait until I get set up to order shirts online.  Afterwards, we stopped in at Wendy's to grab a little lunch.

When I returned home,  I placed an order for fabric to do Mardi Gras appliques and outfits with.  It is so cute, can't wait until it comes in.  Will definitely post pictures of these outfits when they are finished.  I also got fabric ordered for the Eiffel Tower dresses that I have orders for.  Yoo Hoo!!!

I started working on finishing a pair of pants, still need to get the casing done for the elastic.  Hayden was here, and he loves to help me monogram.  He wasn't as interested in the serger and sewing machine.  I stopped sewing and did some monogramming, so that Hayden could sit in my lap and help.  He loves to push the buttons on the screen on my Brother PR 620 monogramming machine.  He has learned to keep his hands in his lap until Granny tells him he can push a button (touch the LED screen and then push the start button). 
The pants will be finished tomorrow, but just got to love that special time that I get to spend with my sweet grandson.  Hayden and Logan both love to help Granny do monogramming.  And Granny loves it!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment